The North American Survival Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURVIVAL TIP: Communications

3 posters

Go down

SURVIVAL TIP: Communications  Empty SURVIVAL TIP: Communications

Post  Franke Schein - Admin Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:44 am

SURVIVAL TIP: Communications  Thumbn10

Communications:
One of the most important elements of survivalism is having a communications network established before things goes south.
In todays modern society that has families spread out geographically across the map, it’s will become necessary for family members to have the ability to communicate with each other during a crisis. One cannot rely on cell-phones or land line telephones. This is evidenced by the fact that within the first five minutes of the earthquake that shook the east coast earlier this year—all the cell-phone services were quickly over loaded. Everybody tried to call home at the same time.

The Alternatives:
Citizen band radios could provide some usefulness, but on the average they are not going to work. The 27 MHz – 29 MHz AM bands are already crowded these days. Even if one could find a clear channel, the fact that these low-powered radios are nearly dependent upon a “line of sight” transmission makes them unsuited for the task.

Read Full Story: HERE
Franke Schein - Admin
Franke Schein - Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.alaskawatchmen.com

Back to top Go down

SURVIVAL TIP: Communications  Empty Re: SURVIVAL TIP: Communications

Post  1858Remy Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 am

I agree with proper communications , without it your survival takes a steep curve , however theres many things that can have adverse effects of ham radio ,of course thats if the grid is effected , no electricity ,no radio , back up batteries will work , I would suggest wind or solar power for long term electrical output , not sure how EMP would effect this form of electricity , maybe you can expand on this , can EMP effect Solar /wind power? does the equipment become rendered useless under attack of EMP or is it usable after the fact, what about the radios , do they need to be shielded first?

1858Remy

Back to top Go down

SURVIVAL TIP: Communications  Empty EMP

Post  lonewolf147 Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm a ham and a prepper at this time I have an old radio (tubes) but hopefully some I maybe getting a newer radio and if I get it here what I going use galvanized steel trash can,  line the trash can with cardboard here some information might help someone...
LoneWolf147

lonewolf147

Back to top Go down

SURVIVAL TIP: Communications  Empty Re: SURVIVAL TIP: Communications

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down