The North American Survival Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So You Think You’re A Survivalist?

2 posters

Go down

So You Think You’re A Survivalist?  Empty So You Think You’re A Survivalist?

Post  Franke Schein - Admin Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:49 am

So You Think You’re A Survivalist?  Dsc00111

At the age of eight years old I had made-up my mind that I wanted to be a Mountain Man.

By the time I was Ten, I had read nearly everything published about survival. At the tender age of 11; I ran away from home to chase those dreams…

Over the course of the next year, (I didn’t know it at the time) but I executed a Tactical Bug Out from the deadly swamps of Florida, along a route that took me through backwoods of Georgia and Tennessee. I eventually settled myself down in the Daniel Boone National Forest—Koomer Ridge Kentucky. I was twelve years old at the time.

Along the way I managed to elude a boatload of police, truant officers, and nefarious people that were out to either capture me, or hurt me. The world was a different place back then, but it was nonetheless as dangerous place for a skinny eleven year old kid. Sexual predators, druggies, modern-day slave traders, and a host of others roamed the streets and countryside looking to take advantage of children. Gangs of every description plied their violence wherever they could; and farmers were likely to “shoot first” when confronted with a “chicken Stealing” runaway kid.

I learned hard, and I learned real quick the ways and manners of becoming a young survivalist. I grew up in the woods, and later migrated to the streets of America’s biggest cities. Cities that offered food, shelter, and a new lifestyle. A life of running with the violent street gangs—most of whom were runaway’s themselves. They were the outcast that society didn’t talk about, and the media only mentioned when one of their dead body was found in some ditch or garbage dumpster.

Read Full Story: HERE
Franke Schein - Admin
Franke Schein - Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.alaskawatchmen.com

Back to top Go down

So You Think You’re A Survivalist?  Empty Re: So You Think You’re A Survivalist?

Post  archangel Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Don't skip reading "the rest of the story" from the OP.

A great read and huge reality check.

archangel

Back to top Go down

So You Think You’re A Survivalist?  Empty Re: So You Think You’re A Survivalist?

Post  Franke Schein - Admin Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:02 pm

archangel wrote:Don't skip reading "the rest of the story" from the OP.

A great read and huge reality check.

Thanks Archangel; sometimes people have the tenendy to viw living-off the land in a romantic way; they forget that nature is unforgiving for the unprepared. Somebody that tries to tell me that i can go for 2-weeks without food is living in a fantast world. Three days and you will do ANYTHING for a damned cheeesburger--inclusding hurting somebody. I know this for a fact because I live that way.

Appreciate it the kind words dude!

Franke
Franke Schein - Admin
Franke Schein - Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.alaskawatchmen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum