The North American Survival Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survival Planning: Doing A Real Bug Out

Go down

Survival Planning: Doing A Real Bug Out  Empty Survival Planning: Doing A Real Bug Out

Post  Franke Schein - Admin Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:13 am

Survival Planning: Doing A Real Bug Out  Franke10

Ever hear the term” He’s Book Smart--but dumb as hell” That could apply to a lot of the survival planning that I see going-on out there in cyber-world. It sometimes makes me laugh, other times I just have to shake my head and move-on to the next video that I’m watching, or the next article that I’m reading…

Take a moment to log into the YouTube website and do a search for “Bug Out”. You could literally spend the next week watching these videos. Some are providing really good information that actually makes sense, others are just a bunch of grown-up-kids playing in front of the camera trying to impress their friends…

Over the years I have watched thousands of survival related videos. But, just once I would like to see a video that lays it down with a real perspective on real survivalism. I wish these types of people would get over their fascination with assault rifles and military gear; and just show how to survive out there in the wilds when SHTF.

I don’t know how many times that I have tried to make people understand the necessity of having a good survival plan, a decent food supply, and a Bug Out location that is their destination. But as usual, some of these people can’t get it through their heads because their all to wrapped-up in collecting gear that may never be used, or is likely to fail when they need it the most.

Hey—it’s not that I consider myself an authority, but I have been doing this stuff longer than some of these people have been alive. I think that counts for something. The difference is this; I actually go out into the woods (without my camera) and practice my survival plans and skills.

Spending the night in the wilds of Alaska when the temperatures dip down into the double-digit (below) zero isn't unusual. I use the things that I carry on my back, and besides a small flashlight, there is nothing battery operated, or anything that requires a can of fuel.

Here in Alaska the winter are seven months long. There are periods where the temperatures rise into the 30’s ad 40’s—and that makes for a pleasant day. But nonetheless; my plans are based upon the fact that if something happens, it will probably be in the dead of winter when it’s severely cold out there.

At my Safe Area I have everything that my family and I will need when things go south. But the primary focus has always been on actually getting there during a crisis. I’ve developed routes, alternate routes, and backup plans for every facet of my survival plans. Up here, you can’t leave anything to chance, the plans and strategies have to be rock solid—or you die…

Read Full Story: HERE
Franke Schein - Admin
Franke Schein - Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.alaskawatchmen.com

Back to top Go down