The North American Survival Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

4 posters

Go down

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post  Tony-p Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:10 pm

My name is Tony. I live in SW Wyoming. Been into preparedness for a while. I would say it was the Peak Oil that really light the fire under my ass. I'm not 100% ready but I'm not 100% not ready either.

Tony-p

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post  Franke Schein - Admin Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Tony-p wrote:My name is Tony. I live in SW Wyoming. Been into preparedness for a while. I would say it was the Peak Oil that really light the fire under my ass. I'm not 100% ready but I'm not 100% not ready either.

hey Toni,

That makes us homies. I am from Cheyenne originally; have a boatload of family and friends in the front-range area.
I've been a student of Peak Oil for years. Everything that they talked about 20+ years go, is now coming true.
My bicycle is ready...HEH HEH
Franke Schein - Admin
Franke Schein - Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.alaskawatchmen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike in the Rockies Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Howdy,
My real name is Mike.

I bought a few acres of mountain land in 1987 in southern Wyoming, paid it off in 1990 and have been building a survival retreat ever since.

I have some sheds, a well stocked underground cabin - bunker - two springs, many trees etc. Hope I can move to my mountain retreat permanently someday but since 1999 I have spent every year from June to Nov. up there and the rest of the time in Greeley, Colorado.

I have lots of pics I will probably share someday soon after I look around. I have a slow computer with just dial-up so it takes me a while to do much on this net.

I have called myself a survivalist since 1982 and won't call myself a Prepper but ok if others wish to.

I have always hoped to find a good serious group on the net and also in real life who are hardcore survivalists. Maybe this group will be the one.
Mike in the Rockies
Mike in the Rockies

http://survivalhq.net/index.php/forum/23-general-discussion/

Back to top Go down

Post  Franke Schein - Admin Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Mike in the Rockies wrote:Howdy,
My real name is Mike.

I bought a few acres of mountain land in 1987 in southern Wyoming, paid it off in 1990 and have been building a survival retreat ever since.

I have some sheds, a well stocked underground cabin - bunker - two springs, many trees etc. Hope I can move to my mountain retreat permanently someday but since 1999 I have spent every year from June to Nov. up there and the rest of the time in Greeley, Colorado.

I have lots of pics I will probably share someday soon after I look around. I have a slow computer with just dial-up so it takes me a while to do much on this net.

I have called myself a survivalist since 1982 and won't call myself a Prepper but ok if others wish to.

I have always hoped to find a good serious group on the net and also in real life who are hardcore survivalists. Maybe this group will be the one.

Hi Mike

Glad to see you here old friend--you have a lot to offer this group in the way of practicle experience.
Franke Schein - Admin
Franke Schein - Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.alaskawatchmen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike in the Rockies Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Tony-p wrote:My name is Tony. I live in SW Wyoming.

I forgot to tell Tony welcome and that I know much of Wyoming real well. I was born in Greeley, Colorado but am trying to bug out of that area and move to my mtn place not too far from Encampment, Wyoming someday soon.

And Tony or anyone else if you are ever in south central Wyoming, especially going thru Encampment then hope you would come up to my survival retreat. I have plenty of camping spots on and near my land, which is at 9,500 feet. I think it is probably similar to quite a few areas in Canada and Alaska without the extreme far below zero cold.

Mike in the Rockies
Mike in the Rockies

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike in the Rockies Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Franke Schein - Admin wrote:

Hi Mike

Glad to see you here old friend--you have a lot to offer this group in the way of practicle experience.

Thanks Franke.

I Hope I have at least some experience, even knowledge since I have dared to call myself a survivalist since 1982. I also have quite a few pics and some videos although the pics are probably a lot better than the vids.

I will likely post many or all of them between now and June. I am off the net and back on my mtn place / retreat / BOL from mid June to Nov. and usually out of contact with most.
Mike in the Rockies
Mike in the Rockies

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Fellow Wyomingite-but Alaska Bound

Post  alaska bound Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 am

Hi guys, I currently live in NE Wyoming with my husband and kids. We have always yearned to move to Alaska and will be heading that way soon to scout out land to purchase (currently are trying to sell of our real estate). We were forced to move to town 15 years ago and have been unhappy since. I have lived a self sustaining lifestyle before and let myself get swayed to living in the world and chasing the mighty dollar-never again! I homeschool my children and try to be as frugal as possible. I love to garden, can, hunt and have been drying food for many years. I fear the direction this world is going....I am working hard to get my family out of here and in a remote place where we will have a chance at survival when SHTF. I hope that while I await the sale of my assets I can gain additional knowledge from others.

alaska bound

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum