The North American Survival Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Introduction

2 posters

Go down

Hello Introduction Empty Hello Introduction

Post  offgridok Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 pm

My name is Jim. I am 65 years old and live off grid in the backwoods of Oklahoma. I've been telling people things weren't right since the mid 70's. Everyone thought I was crazy then, now people are starting to wake up and see what a fix we're in. It's about time! I would live in the woods even if things were in good shape. It's where I grew up and where I belong. I don't believe any of us are going to like what is about to happen, nor can we avoid it. I think I'm already in the best place for me to be. I can grow a garden, hunt, fish, and forage. There are 4 miles of dirt road and 3 locked gates between me and nearest pavement, and the nearest neighbor is 4 miles on highway. There is only my wife and me so we do not have a group. I realize there is safety in numbers but only if everybody is trustworthy and level headed. We don't know anybody like that so we'll do it alone as best as we can.
offgridok
offgridok

http://www.offgridok.com

Back to top Go down

Hello Introduction Empty Re: Hello Introduction

Post  Franke Schein - Admin Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:11 pm

offgridok wrote:My name is Jim. I am 65 years old and live off grid in the backwoods of Oklahoma. I've been telling people things weren't right since the mid 70's. Everyone thought I was crazy then, now people are starting to wake up and see what a fix we're in. It's about time! I would live in the woods even if things were in good shape. It's where I grew up and where I belong. I don't believe any of us are going to like what is about to happen, nor can we avoid it. I think I'm already in the best place for me to be. I can grow a garden, hunt, fish, and forage. There are 4 miles of dirt road and 3 locked gates between me and nearest pavement, and the nearest neighbor is 4 miles on highway. There is only my wife and me so we do not have a group. I realize there is safety in numbers but only if everybody is trustworthy and level headed. We don't know anybody like that so we'll do it alone as best as we can.

Sounds like you have things all figured out. I do know what you mean about "telling people"; and then laughing when you see those "Deer In The HEadlights" look coming back at you.
Franke Schein - Admin
Franke Schein - Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.alaskawatchmen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  offgridok Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm a long way from having it all figured out, but I may be in a little better shape than most due to where I live and the fact that I've been doing it for years. My main problem is maintaining vigilance 24/7 with 2 people (one can work while the other watches). We have dogs to take up the slack (good alarms, deterrents, and combatants if necessary). Being a Viet Nam Era veteran, I realize our best hope is just to attract no attention and remain as rare and elusive as possible. We go to town (30 miles away) once a month, and very few people know where we actually live. I try to keep it that way.
offgridok
offgridok

http://www.offgridok.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Franke Schein - Admin Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:28 pm

offgridok wrote:I'm a long way from having it all figured out, but I may be in a little better shape than most due to where I live and the fact that I've been doing it for years..

Outstanding!
Franke Schein - Admin
Franke Schein - Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.alaskawatchmen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down