The North American Survival Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SKS Rifle

Go down

The SKS Rifle Empty The SKS Rifle

Post  offgridok Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Nope, it ain't pretty or sexy looking like the AK series of rifles, but the SKS has the same Kalashnikov action as the AK and is just as reliable. In fact, because all of them that I have seen have machined receivers, it is probably more durable. It has many of the same characteristics as the AK except the pistol grip and most of them use a fixed magazine. They use the same 7.62x39 round that the AK's use. There are some that will accept an AK mag, but they are pretty rare in this country. You can get aftermarket 30 round mags for an SKS which can be detached or loaded in rifle with strippers just like the factory mags. The SKS rifles that I have fired have better barrels than some of the AK's and are capable of good accuracy out to about 400 yards with good ammunition. A typical SKS in good condition will cost you about $300.00 last time I checked which makes it less expensive than some alternatives. It is a good, solid choice for someone that doesn't want to or can't spend a lot of money and the ammunition is fairly reasonable, too. All in all, the SKS is not a bad choice for survival firepower.
offgridok
offgridok

http://www.offgridok.com

Back to top Go down